Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Mother


This is a pic of Mom and I on Mother's day 2009. I am truly blessed to have such a great, funny, sincere woman as my Mother. I hope that she knows how much I truly love her and what a wonderful Nana she is to all her grandkids. They love going to Nana Hill's. I do believe that Kylah has a bond with my Mom like I did my Grandma! So neat to see it! I love to hear her laugh at them when they are playing or telling me something that was said/done at her house! You know what happens at Nana's stays at Nana's ! :)





This pic is from Relay for Life on July 31st at the park. This is Mom getting on the survivor lap! She is one tough cookie! I look back on Sept of 1997 when she found out she had Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer and I am truly blessed to still have her with us today! She was only 47 and Shyann was only 7 months old! She took 3 different types of chemo every 3 weeks until May of 1998 when she went into remission! Ovarian Cancer is a silent killer and it was not what they were expecting when she had her surgery! WOW God was watching over her then! It is hard to see your Mom get soo sick and wonder every day if this is the last time you will see her or if this chemo treatment will be the last! She made it and I am soo proud of her! I am truly blessed!

So every relay night when we get on the track to walk the survivor lap with her I shed many tears of happiness and empathy for others that are battling or have lost that battle! My family came out in big numbers this year to walk beside her and she feels very blessed too! I love you Mom and I am soo proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, even though I haven't met your mom, I too am proud of her. I am so proud of every man, woman, and child who face this disease and fight it. I witnessed my momma fighting just one round of chemo and I know how hard it was to see her so sick . . . I don't think our hearts are ever prepared for that. I am so very happy that your mom is a SURVIVOR!!!!

    I just want to thank you again for lighting the luminary for my mom at Relay for Life. Celebrating her life makes it easier to live without her.

    ReplyDelete